Established 1976, Marby Food Ventures is a pioneering company in the Filipino baking industry, wholly made and owned by Filipinos, for the Filipino. Truly Para sa Bayan. Since the 70s, the company has provided baked products viewed as the benchmark of quality by the bakery industry, and affordable and accessible to the average household, turning the Marby name into a household name all over the country.
At a time when breads were sold in the bakery and sari-sari stores (Filipino small scale convenience stores) along residential areas, Marby proprietors pioneered an innovative, flexible marketing strategy-delivery service. This effective distribution system allowed Marby products to reach consumers regardless of proximity, catapulting the company into one of the industry's leading manufacturers and distributors, and more importantly, turned the Marby brand into a necessity in every Filipino pantry.
As a testament to the company’s Para Sa Bayan policy, Marby serves more than 2000 outlets in GMA and Luzon. Consequently, by virtue of its daily output, Marby is considered one of the major consumers of bakery ingredients. Its overall production comes from a massive manufacturing plant in Bulacan, operating 24 hours daily to produce over a hundred varieties of bread, pastries and biscuits that Marby is currently known for.
To sustain our "Para Sa Bayan" policy, Marby continually innovates and pushes itself for the benefit of the Filipino consumer. Marby has been in partnership with several market research firms to recognize the behaviors of consumers and today's trends. The company has been honored with numerous awards, including:
- Most Outstanding Pandesal Brand (Metro Manila Award) – Philippine Marketing Excellence Award Institute (July 7, 2005)
- "Best Loaf Bread" – National Product Quality Excellence Awards, National Council for Product and Service Quality and Consumers Today Magazine (September 21, 2005)
- "Best Hopia Brand" – National Product Quality Excellence Awards, National Council for Product and Service Quality and Consumers Today Magazine (September 21, 2005)
- "Best Modern Bakeshop" – National Product Quality Excellence Awards, National Council for Product and Service Quality and Consumers Today Magazine (October 24, 2005)
- Most Outstanding Bakeshop and Star Brand – Philippine Marketing Association (April, 2006)
- Most Outstanding Bulacan Businessman in Food Processing Industry, President Mario Valderrama – Bulacan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- June 22, 2008 – Marby "Sugar Free" Health Bread first bake!
- April 12, 2009 – Marby Cheesbites first bake!
- June 4, 2010 – Marby Kababayan first bake!
- April 5, 2011 – Marby New Improved Superloaf relaunch
- June 5, 2012 – Whole Wheat Bread first bake!
- May 13, 2014 – New Marby John Pullman Special relaunch
- July 6, 2015 – Marby Piyaya, Polvoron and Barquiron first bake!
- July 11, 2015 – Marby Softbites Pandesal first bake!